Today we will discuss how much to charge for office cleaning. You may be thinking about opening your own cleaning service or looking for a cleaner to help you. Understanding the average charges and why they are charged will help you to evaluate the cost of cleaning services.
Adjusting the price of office cleaning
If you ask, other companies will give you their rates. As with all cleaning services, office cleaners will charge by the job as well as the area that needs to be cleaned. If you speak to a cleaning company representative, make sure to tell them what and how many items you require. Ask for an itemized list and any specials or deals that they offer.
Make sure you include the following when you negotiate a Contract Cleaning.
- Frequency – How often they clean.
- Timeframe – When the facility will need to be cleaned
- Expected duties – i.e. Expected duties – i.e. emptying trash and vacuuming, etc
- Cleaning products – If you have particular requirements about the types of cleaners to use
- Supplies – details who should provide and restock paper supplies (toilet papers, napkins etc.)
- The standards – the expectations of the service. It is important to be as precise as possible, so that there is no room for error
- Bonded – Verify that the maids/janitors are bonded in order to protect yourself against loss
Although costs can vary depending on the above factors, these are the average costs for multiple office cleaning and janitorial services.
- $25-40 per visit for a small office (less that 1200-2500 square feet) to empty the trash and light vacuuming.
- If the facility has one or two small bathrooms, prices can go up to $40 to $65 per person. This includes wiping down surfaces, refilling paper products, and mopping floors.
- For larger offices (over 2100 sq ft), there will be additional charges per square foot. For labor-intensive services like cleaning floors, kitchens, and vacuuming, the lowest cost was $0.50 per square feet. As the office grows in size, the price per square foot drops. These charges are per visit so even if you have a cleaning crew that comes in every night, they will still be charged each night.
The Cost of cleaning can also be affected by the time of day. Many offices have a Cleaning service that comes in after business hours to clean. Cleaning crews that arrive after hours are free to clean the offices. The cost of a daily cleaning crew will go up if an office needs one. If you are interested in this option, please let the cleaning company know.
Hire a Service
After you have received your initial estimate and signed any contracts, a representative from the cleaning company will need to visit your facility before you sign any. To answer questions and ask your questions, make sure the representative who is negotiating the contract is available for the tour.
A representative will be able to confirm the size of the client, the number of duties, and other details to get a better understanding of their expectations and the client’s facilities. Based on the tour, the representative will review their services and make recommendations.
If you’re still unsure about which cleaning service to choose, a representative visit can help you make a decision.
There are many factors that influence the cost of office cleaning.